Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Humbling the soul

You hear it all the time, "Travel broadens the mind". But what else does it do? Well for me, travel expanded my friend circle. I know feel an instant bond with those from other countries or people who share my love of adventure. If a discussion with me has lasted more than 20 minutes, then we must be talking about travel! However, recently I've realized a negative effect of travel on my personality.
In the last two weeks I have come in contact with two very nice women who have traveled more than me... which is not something I'm use to. We've began to swap stories and experience and I found myself filled with at evil green beast called jealousy! I couldn't believe it. Here I am, feeling story-topped and insignificant when I should be completely excited about finding people who share my passion. It has made me stop and realise that I have so much more to see and do in this world.
Travel should do more that broaden the mind, it should humble the soul. Travel should be a gateway to experiences and friendships. Travel should be only the start to an adventure. I vow to travel more, learn more, and share more. I hope you do the same.
~Greet

No comments:

Post a Comment