Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2012

5 Black Friday Deals that a Vagabond can't pass up!

As the turkey settles and the football lulls the men of my family to sleep, it is then that the ladies of my family seem to magically produce mountains of ads for the all-day shop-a-thon that will be taking place tomorrow. Now I'm not much of a shopper and I hate crowds almost as much as the Eiffel Tower... man, I hate that tower! Who decided that the stupid thing was to become the symbol of travel and culture?! Not me!...
Ok, hatred aside, there are still a few great deals that send me out into the madness. Deals that a true traveler just can't pass up! Have a look

1. Polaroid 8-in Tablet, Kohl's- Price: $119, $89.99 after mail-in rebate.
         This beautiful piece on machinery is all you'll need on a long, 2 month backpacking trip. Forget that big laptop with it's huge charger. Runs off the same charger as most androids and blackberries. I, personal, don't use MAC products so this is a good as any iPad.

2. Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track D-Tour Personal GPS Tracking Device, Amazon- Price: $116.37, $91.37 after rebate.
          This device is the coolest hiking tool I've ever seen! It can:
  • Stores and locates up to 10 locations and logs up to 48 hours of trip data
  • Tracks Time, Temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius), Altitude, Distance, Latitude and Longitude coordinates
  • Breadcrumbs Feature - records your exact route and creates a map based on the path you took
  • Upload to social media, email, or save to your computer, runs on Windows (XP SP1 or later) and MAC (10.4.9 or later)
3.  Buy 2, Get 2 Free- All Paperback Books, Hastings.
           Get 4 new travel guides for some unbeatable deals!!!
 
4. 3 Piece Spinner Luggage Sets, Assorted colors, Gordmans- Price: $39.99, save $180!
           I have always bought my luggage from here. They have an amazing selection and it wears nicely. Plus the size and wheel style are perfect for a traveler. When my best friend celebrated his 27th birthday I got him a piece. They make great gifts for your thrill seeking friends too. Maybe your wanting to surprise your significant other with the trip of their dreams? What better way then a travel guide in the front pouch of one of these?!
           *Ladies, also note that Gordmans has a great deal on flats. They carry RocketDog brand shoes and it is one of the most comfortable travel shoes you will come across!

5. Beats By Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones w/ControlTalk (Assorted Colors), Walmart- Price: $180.
           The perfect set the headphones are very important to today's traveler. Some times it feels as though I'm the only person in the world who doesn't own a set of these yet. They're very internationally known.

No comments:

Post a Comment