Translate

Thursday, May 2, 2013

So behind!

Hey Travelers,
I am so behind and very sorry if you've been waiting on me. It seems like every day is something more challenging. Good news in my quest for travel is that I've got my tax return back so I'll be able to go to Italy after all! My friend would have killed me if I missed her wedding.
Life moves ever forward and last night I stayed in my very first Deluxe Disney Resort: Wilderness Lodge! A friend of mine owns a Disney Vacation Club membership and we had a lovely girls night in a 5th floor deluxe studio. I highly recommend it!
So here's the skinny: I'm soooooo broke! And I'm sure many of you are in the same situation. But being broke doesn't mean you can't travel. Why just this morning I found a flight from Orlando to Bogota, Columbia for $379 rt!? Sure it was for two weeks from now, but when you're poor you have to be flexible. With that in mind, here are some brilliant ideas on keeping busy while keeping your money in the bank account.

1. Design your own walking tour.
     So your planning a vacation on the cheap, you have so much you want to see but you can't afford one of the hop-on-and-off trolleys! So go to the library or use your google and design your own tour. I promise you'll see so much more of the city- maybe even stumble upon a great find!

2. Create a travel play list.
     Set the mood and jump into a culture. Design a play list that will help you relax and maybe bring some of your destinations spice to you day. It will be a nice way to jam through a long flight!

3. Pair up your outfits.
     I own more clothes then I will ever where, but unfortunately every day I travel it looks like I've gotten dressed in the dark! ...And sometimes I have, because if your in a multi-bed hostel you do NOT want to be that person diggin' around with the lights on at 7am! So plan ahead and build your wardrobe. Then once you've started packing you'll know exactly which pieces you need.
     Note: This can also help you condense your luggage. If you have 3 outfits that use the same pair of jeans, you just save yourself some major space!

4. Build a bucket list.
     Don't have your next destination picked out yet? Well that's not my style, but I did say be flexible. By having a general idea of where you'd like to go you can book as soon as you see the flight drop in price!

5. Smash something!
     Now don't go all Hulk on your house or anything! I'm talking about Smashbooks. They're like scrap booking from dummies, which is something I need! They don't take all the crazy supplies like a homemade scrapbook and it's still a great way to store all your memories of that trip: plane tickets, museum brochures, a napkin or menu...

6. Pin project.
     Make those pins a reality. Pinterest is an addiction, but all those ideas are just that if you don't follow through. Build a camping kit, or make a piece of art. Nothing is more inspiring then someone else's imagination ;)

Well I hope that's enough to get you off the couch... or on the couch if you're just making a play list. I'll write again soon. This whole once a month thing is just not going to work out for me!
Travel on, and remember:

No comments:

Post a Comment