Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Try something new

A big part of traveling is eating. That's usually why, much to my mother's frustrations about 50% of my photos are of food. I am a firm believer that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and the same is true for a country's heritage. So much of our customs and traditions are based around a family meal and that's why I encourage you to take risks- try the street vendors, and bar bum restaurants that are open until 6am! This is how you get to know the people of a country. These are the very reason that I like to go to the grocery store- it's a learning experience!
However, all that being said I know exactly how intimidation some foods can be if you've never had them. I want this new segement of the blog to be dedicated to your food education, in hopes that you walking into a little hole in the way dive and don't get treated like a tourist!

Lesson 1: Sushi
I have just the chart for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment