Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Invisible Issues

Greeting blog followers! Sorry I've been MIA for about a month now, but work and life have been crazy. It's almost like they're trying to say "Well you went to Italy so now you have to work 6 days a week at 50+ hours. You're welcome!" It's getting to be a bit much. Add that to the fact I keep getting passed over for this training I deserve... Well it's all very frustrating! But that's not what I want to write about today. Today is all about the hidden problems that a traveler might face!
I'm sure you've all heard about the Summer Bay Resort horror. If not, here have a quick read! This actually just across the road from me. We were in our apartment when it happened and it felt like somebody drove a truck into our building!
What I think is really interesting is that I had family stay at this resort less than 3 weeks ago! They loved it. Raved about it, in fact! I was planning to go check it out on my weekend, but now it's a media nightmare. News trucks EVERYWHERE. This is just one of those that you can never expect to happen to the property you're staying at! Mold, pests, aging damages- these all can be prevented, but if the ground just opens up below you, what can you possibly do?!
Short answer? Nothing. As a traveler you need to be aware that there are going to be issues beyond your control and the control of the properties you visit. There's a time and place to threaten lawsuits, this is not it!
Here are a couple other invisible issues that you should be aware of!

1. Food Recall. Is it really the end of life as we know it if they pull all the cucumber from the buffet line of your cruise?! Would you rather they let you get sick?! It is out of everyone's control if the government decides something is unsafe and issues a national recall. I guess you'll have to substitute carrots!

2. Weather. Now this is one that goes both ways! If they are predicting a hurricane and you still choose to fly into Miami, well I think we know who is at fault in this situation... However if the forecast says mostly sunny and it rains for about an hour every day of your Disney trip there's nothing you or I or the hotel can do to make it stop. Just load up your poncho and tough it out!?

No comments:

Post a Comment