Translate

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Book Report

While I do enjoy mindless roaming and wander, I hate to get lost. That's why a travel guide book is so important when exploring a new destination. Now, if you've ever walked down the travel section of you book store you know that there is a huge selection for you to choose from. It can be overwhelming, but it's much easier than you realism.
Choose a book like you.
It sounds weird, but I mean that. If you're a visual learner who likes detailed maps and photos, get that. If you enjoy learning all about a location, the history and people, then buy one with all of that. It all depends on what you're looking for and comfortable with.
Now I'm not here to push one brand over another, but just to let you all know my preferred travel guide is Lonely Planet. I first borrowed a friend's Lonely Planet Scotland and read it cover to cover on my way to Edinburgh. It was filled with history and tips. It suggested a walking tour of the city and now I take one in every city I visit! Your travel  guide can really change the tone of your adventure, so choose wisely.
I have slowly started to embrace technology and this summer I downloaded a travel guide onto my KindleFire... I didn't like it. It helped me discover that I'm a physical book sort of traveler. I like being able to just reach into my bag and look something up. Charging my guide every night was NOT fun.
So there you have it, the importance to Travel Books. If you're still not sure which brand is right for you, just head down to the store and browse. I do it all the time. It's a great way to get destination inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment