Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Travel Mentors

There are loads of shows out there today where you can watch as people set out to explore the world! I'm extremely envious of these people and am still trying to figure out how they get to be so lucky. But until that realization strikes I'll just have to be content watching from my couch. Here are some of my favorites and I highly suggest them!

Samantha Brown has hosted several series including Girl Meets Hawaii, Great Vacation Homes, Great Hotels, Passport to Europe, Passport to Great Weekends, and Passport to Latin America. My personal favorite was Passport to Europe, but Great Weekends was fun if you were just going to be passing through a city. Her shows are full of local information and hidden gems, so if you're plan for a trip double check to see if she has an episode on the location.

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations is a great show, I can't deny that. I, personal, think this guy is a huge asshole, but still find myself enjoying the show... especially the episode of Croatia! I have a lot of respect for people who appreciate the simple things in live: Food, Wine, and simply walking the streets. Anthony Bourdain does, but he's just a condescending douche about it. SO if you can put up with that, then no problem!

Karl Pilkington is one of the FUNNIEST people in the world. He hates change and fears the unknown... so his best friends, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send him out into the world for kicks and giggles! It's hilarious and educational. I think I'm the most jealous of this situation, because he's doing all these amazing this and experiencing locations I might never get the chance to see... and he HATES it! It's like an elaborate prank that they've videoed for the last 3 season. Watch "An Idiot Abroad", you'll love it.

Comedian Zane Lamprey hosts a humorous trip around the world sampling the local well-known (and little-known) food and drink while also engaging in local alcohol-related customs. This is like every man's dream, right? The show's called "Three Sheets" and some times you can catch on the travel channel late at night. It's funny and educational, especially if you're interested in how alcohol is made and the history of your favorite drink.

So there you have my 4 key travel show mentors. If I missed one of your favorite, feel free to post their names! I'll look them up, since I'm always up for a good guide show. Happy Travels!
~Greet

No comments:

Post a Comment